Shadowbox

 This is what my SIP currently is, and it's been a rough road for development, I have little programming knowledge, I can think like a programmer, but when it comes to the languages themselves, I'm lost. Two previous versions of the game looked a bit like this


For a moment while making this I thought that I may have to abandon the idea simply because I didn't have the skills necessary to build it to the quality I wanted. However, after reevaluating my engine options, I found that I can build the game in an engine I am intimately familiar with, I know Construct might not be the most professional thing these days, but for what I'm making, it'll do just fine.

The game itself revolves around shadows, specifically, you can use various actions depending on where your shadow is, and you can move it around with a light source attached to your mouse. I have lots of ideas with moves, like putting your light beneath you, which makes your shadow really tall, letting you lift heavy things, or putting your shadow on the floor, and summoning spikes to attack enemies or flip things over.

Shadowbox has changed a bit since when I made this post, and this is the form that I am the most happy with, it's not done yet, but I really like this direction. you can see how the shadows move around as you move a light source, in this case the star, moving it below you makes your shadow taller, and placing it above you puts your shadow on the floor. I have other actions planned, right now the only functioning one is a teleport, which needs to be re-done anyway, as it's recycled code in this footage.

11/27/2020 update
I'm cutting the teleport entirely, in it's place will be the ability to carry objects with your shadow, and your ability to alter the height of your shadow makes it more interesting what you can do with it. Going to add video when the feature is finished

12/14/2020 Update
Recently finished every plan for this project and made a demonstration video to showcase the project and it's history.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Older Works

Community Statement