Cloud Hop

 Cloud Hop is one of the first big projects I've done at UAT, and while it's no longer my focus while I'm here, I'm definitely going to properly develop it once I graduate. This is currently what exists of the game: 

The game revolves being able to place a platform freely, in this case the cloud, and have your own actions tied to it, such as causing rain or lightning. I have other plans to have things like wind and snow available to utilize.

The rain would've been used for water based puzzles like weighing down pulley systems or growing plants. Lightning could've been used for electric puzzles like activating electric coils or attacking enemies. Snow is something I didn't really think too much about yet, perhaps freezing water, especially since you have rain as well. 

The cloud itself had a bunch of uses (and more for when I develop it further), probably the most notable thing is that it can be used like a double jump, as projecting it below you while jumping gives you a boost into the air. Other ideas I may explore later would be the ability to place it sideways, then use it to wall jump. I also though of using it to summon a wind, that would push objects around, including yourself, given Caelum's low weight.

I originally pitched this as my SIP (basically a thesis) at UAT, but there were too many comparisons that could be made to other games, Cloud Hop is unique to those, but not enough where comparisons wouldn't be made, so I had to come up with a new idea, this is an idea I'm holding onto to do later, however, I won't let this one fall by the wayside.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowbox

Older Works

Community Statement